BLS includes life saving essential skills & techniques to identify fatal injuries and illness &
provide pre-institutional/ pre-hospital care in order to preserve lives and buy time for professional emergency medical attention.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
- Conducted by SAFERCARE (AHA accredited).
- Duration : 6 hours
- Approach to an unconscious victim to understanding points of action in patients with Cardiac arrest.
- 1) Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant.
- 2) Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant.
- 3) Critical concepts of high-quality CPR.
- 4) Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- 5) Relief of choking for adult, child and infant.
- 6) Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant.
- 7) Candidates are requested to check the contents of the Sealed Course Material as soon as you collect them. They are as follows (i) BLS - BLS provider Manual (ii) BLS Quick Reference Card.
- 8) Each course will conclude with a theory and practical examination. The theory paper consists of multiple choice questions and only candidates who secure more than 84% in the theory paper are considered to have passed the exam. Only these candidates will be allowed to proceed to the practical examination.
- 9) Candidates are requested to maintain punctuality.
- 10) All candidates are requested to bring a photograph while registering for the course.
- 11) Candidates are requested to have a working email ID, as the e-certificate and e-card issued are American Heart Association certified. No Hard copy of the certificate will be given.
Note: If necessary, a second session will be held on the 13th of August, 2018. Lunch will also be provided for those attending workshop on that day.